Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prices forecasts for this summer
The crisis has touched almost every business field in the world. Tourism is not an exception. Moreover, it's a
branch that offer "not quite necessary" services, as people can always time with the rest. Thus, logically the prices this summer must plummet. I wonder how travel agencies are ready to do it and to what limit. How do you think, what's the discount going to be? 20%, 30%, 50%, 70%?
I would be very happy for solid discounts, since I haven't seen the sea for a very long time.

Doubtlessly, prices for tours will fall. They already started to decrease at Christmas holidays. Now the crisis worsened travel agencies' situation even more. Many of them went bankrupt. So they are ready to work at limited or no profit, just to keep the agency alive.

According to the 2009 Summer Travel Forecast, traveling in Europe in May 2009 could save travelers as much as 24% in fares compared to 2008. That's a quarter and it's a significant decrease. Prices can't go below this limit they may go bankrupt.

A ticket from New York to Paris in June comes with a price amounts to $600, while the ticket from Boston to Madrid costs just $652 per ticket. So what you need to find is the agency that will offer cheapest prices. Believe me, they are many now, and don't be afraid to bargain, they are ready to cede.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I think prices will fall down mostly in the beginning of summer. In August, they can take the upper direction in case the economic situation gets stabilized. But, if you reserve a ticket two months before, you'll get the best price, as they need money for starting the summer season.

At the beginning of this summer we will witness indeed the way the crisis occurred travel agencies. Many of them will disappear.Instead, many independent travel agents will separate and work indepndently, It will be a even cheaper job.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Looks like the crisis is going to facilitate us by low tour prices. The previous year I were to Egypt. I never felt so great, but also we spent lots of money, about $3,000 each (my husband and I). Climbing on the camel costs $5 while dismounting it is $6 Smile I was shocked, I mean I could simply jump off and leave, but... I'm polite :-)

Earlier, when Bulgaria wasn't a part of the EU, I used to travel there and be free of concerns about prices, as prices were very low. Last summer, when I visited Bulgaria, I was surprised to see around unaffordable prices. Some of my friends have already reserved some tickets to Bulgaria, the tourist agency asserted that the prices remained unchanged since the last year.

In order to benefit of the crisis and make some savings while resting, we should rest to most affected countries. For example, why not in Island? Don't be confused by the cold climate, as it's not cold at all. Since the crisis emerged, prices in this country plummeted 3 times. So why not to rest there?
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I'm gonna spend a part of my summertime in Greece. I have some relatives there so I'm not giving big worries for travel prices. I already bought an early ticket from Madrid to Athens for only 49 euros.

this summer despite the crisis we were in Turkey! I liked very much ... have a very pleasant environment and far is not expensive
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians