Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which exercise is healthier for the heart running or walking
There are many opinions about the subject. Anyway which exercise is healthier for the heart running or walking and why?

Everyone is welcome to share his personal experience...

Admin Wrote:Anyway which exercise is healthier for the heart running or walking and why?

If you run too fast and for a very long time, you may even hurt your heart. So, I would say, walking is healthier. Of course, if you walk too much, you may get exhausted as well, but still, I think, it is healthier.

But, moderate running or walking make not much difference, in my opinion.

It very much depends on the age. Young age likes complex physical loads, the body is resistant and full of energy. Thus, running is welcomed.
As for people over 40, obviously walking is healthier. Especially a morning stroll or a walk before the sleep. The heart is more vulnerable at this age and thereby it wants no big physical load.

It also depends on your current physical condition. If you are overweight, you should avoid "high impact" exercise (like jogging) because it can damage your joints and your back, aswell as straining your heart. Walking, using a cross-trainer machine, and cycling on a reclining bike are reommended for the unfit and/or overweight.

If you do go running, you must make sure you run correctly (with a long stride) instead of jogging - again, this is becasue jogging is especially bad for your joints and back.

Many make big mistakes by believing they are great sportsmen. For example, after the winter passes, they start running. What they do is run about 5 km at once, from the very beginning, which is wrong. It must be done gradually, day by day.

If you do running then simply combine it with walking. For instance you can run 1 mile, then walk 1/3 of mile, gradually you increase your load, by running 1.5 mile then walking 1/2 of mile.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

This is good question. ive read the keeping a high rate of more than 140bpm for 30mins is great to realease endorphins etc and help with things like anxiety. But yeah i wondered what effect it would have on your heart. Also in heart resistance training, 220 bpm -minus your age is a good target i believe for heart rate training. Whilst it may be good in moderation, ive also read long term that always keeping yourself hungry slows down you heart beat and this can prolong the health of your heart much like a car will last longer with less miles on the clock

Ive even heard that exercising in extreme cold is bad for the heart as cold constricts blood vessels. So weather is something to keep in mind also. Its a common occurance for those who die from a heart attack in a triathalon occurs when there swimming in the ocean etc. the shock to the body ie drop in temp can stress the heart out.

chrismelb Wrote:Ive even heard that exercising in extreme cold is bad for the heart as cold constricts blood vessels. So weather is something to keep in mind also. Its a common occurance for those who die from a heart attack in a triathalon occurs when there swimming in the ocean etc. the shock to the body ie drop in temp can stress the heart out.

In this time is better to walk, cause you can breathe normal(and to warm the air )...
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I think walking is an exersise good for everybody to keep his form, but running for those who is phisical grounded.

Steven Wrote:If you do running then simply combine it with walking. For instance you can run 1 mile, then walk 1/3 of mile, gradually you increase your load, by running 1.5 mile then walking 1/2 of mile.

First of all, I have to say that both-running and walking exercise is healthy for the heart, it depends on how you do it,during what time, speed. Also it depends on your age,physical state. I can say that the best variant is to combine running and walking.The speed of your running should be so that you can talk easily, I mean you shouldn't gasp for breath. You can run 20 minutes and you can walk fast 10 minutes after, run and walk...Another plus-you make to work different muscles,one during running,another during walking.Also, you burn a lot of calories while running and walkind,because you do interval training, it is hot I have to say)))About time-40 minutes without stopping,because you burn carbohydrates first 20 minutes and after the energy comes from fat burning. The most important- it must be comfortable for you, do it with pleasure)))))

I think that running but you should not run as like someone is chasing you, running should be very soft and to be in a rhythmic measure. It should be like a fast walking, and it is better to do that in the morning, because in the evening the organism are tired after all the day and you will tire very fast.