Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Brits want to leave EU
Daily Politics poll shows that most Brits want to leave the rotten and undemocratic EU.

POLL PUTS LABOUR EQUAL WITH UKIP
Daily Express, 17th May 2009

I hate the EU, so I intend to vote UKIP on June 4th. Will you be voting UKIP too?

NO! For a very simple reason:

Britain is a trading nation. We need to do business with the rest of the world.

Thatcher practically destroyed what was left of British heavy industry. Our automotive industry is dying on its feet. Aerospace and defense relies heavily on European partnerships, and is largely owned by european companies. Farmers and fishermen rely heavily on EU subsidies. You want me to continue? ;-)

We need the EU to compete with USA and Asia.

I am interested, Winston, why do you think the EU is "rotten and undemocratic?"

Because Germany and France ( the traditional best friends of England) built European Union Smile

Big_Becka Wrote:NO! For a very simple reason:

Britain is a trading nation. We need to do business with the rest of the world.

Thatcher practically destroyed what was left of British heavy industry. Our automotive industry is dying on its feet. Aerospace and defense relies heavily on European partnerships, and is largely owned by european companies. Farmers and fishermen rely heavily on EU subsidies. You want me to continue? ;-)

We need the EU to compete with USA and Asia.

I am interested, Winston, why do you think the EU is "rotten and undemocratic?"

I disagree.

Britain is a trading nation. We trade with other EU memberstates, but we buy more from them than they buy from us, so our trade won't come to an end when we leave the EU.

We don't need the EU to compete with the rest of the world. We need to be free to trade with the emerging economies of China and India.

EU subsidies are crippling our farming and fishing industries. Our waters are now controlled by Brussels and we have quotas on how much fish we can land. Britain has something like 7% of the total. Why are we allowing a foreign power to dictate to us? The EU is an abomination. Have you seen the articles and pictures of millions of perfectly good fish being dumped in the North Sea because of EU quotas being exceeded?

The EU s a wasteful and thoroughly rotten organsation.

What happened to their chief accountant when she blew the whistle on EU fraud? She was sacked by Neil Kinnock!!! She has since joined UKIP, and is standing in the Euro elections.

Why do I think the EU is rotten and undemocratic?

(1) EU accounts haven't been sgned off for 14 consecutive years.
(2) France says no to the EU Constitution, Holland says no to the EU Constiution
Ireland says no to the EU Constitution (aka Lisbon Treaty)...now they're being told to vote again.
(3) Millions of euros wasted as MEPs transport entire offices, including filing cabinets etc, between Brussels and Strasbourg twice a year.

I can go on Wink

Quote:EU subsidies are crippling our farming and fishing industries. Our waters are now controlled by Brussels and we have quotas on how much fish we can land. Britain has something like 7% of the total. Why are we allowing a foreign power to dictate to us? The EU is an abomination. Have you seen the articles and pictures of millions of perfectly good fish being dumped in the North Sea because of EU quotas being exceeded?
I haven't seen those news reports for over 10 years. And I actually agree that the UK needs to stop overproduction in farming and fishing. We have been running out of North Sea fish stocks for some years, and it is the British obsession with maximising farming production that resulted in the BSE crisis. I only hope that fishermen adapt their practises instead of throwing fish back into the sea :roll:

EU legislation forced arable farmers to leave some of their land fallow. This was intially very unpopular in the 90s, but had a very positive environmental effect in the areas where I've lived (the top soil was previously being eroded because of over-farming).

I think it is Britain's current trade with China, India and the rest of India that is crippling our own industry - we have to produce huge volumes in order to keep costs down (and this is why EU legislation is seen as restrictive). We buy plenty of cheap goods from these countries, but what do they get from us? We no longer produce the quality that made Britain respected. They have been sending students over here to our universities, and now they are setting up their own professional industries and world-class universities too.

I honestly see no future for Britain in the current world climate. We are a small island. Prior to the EU, we relied on the Commonwealth, then the Empire.

We need to support British (and other European countries') farmers and fishermen by encouraging people to buy local produce, instead of substandard goods that have been flown halfway around the world.We cannot compete with Asia on price, but people will pay more for high quality, organic produce. This will not only support local food producers, but will force Asian companies to rethink their working practises.

This will cause a rise in the price of meat and dairy, forcing consumers to stop overeating these products. Then our NHS will not be under so much pressure from our obesity and heart disease epidemics :twisted: I can understand that my views will be unpopular with most of the electorate ;-)

With regard to fraud and expenses... I think it is now apparent the British MPs are also guilty of this ;-) I deeply suspect that politicians of all varieties are going to be under increased public scrutiny and will have to mend their ways to get elected in future. It will be interesting to see what happens.

As far as I know British pound is the most expensive currency in Europe. Britons simply can do without EU, all that they should do is to improve their economy, industry and so on. It’s up to people to decide whether to be a part of the EU or not.

Winston Wrote:Daily Politics poll shows that most Brits want to leave the rotten and undemocratic EU.

I hate the EU, so I intend to vote UKIP on June 4th. Will you be voting UKIP too?

Brits (and yanks) don´t want to be part of any organization they can´t dominate.

are not entitled to judge their decision? is something political in the middle that Soon will not get up! probably a game in which the UK has lost and are obliged to fulfill the terms of the game :?

since Britain is in the EU there is a real disaster! until now they did not accept the unique currency-euro! if they want to leave..leave it ... but according to the legislation is not so easy! I think the world goes crazy
:-(

Winston Wrote:Daily Politics poll shows that most Brits want to leave the rotten and undemocratic EU.

No I have not voted for UKIP... :langue I like this unione and I don't want anyone to leave Smile it

The Tories have reduced the country to such a industrialized basket case that we need an outlet for our talented industrial workers, the country cannot survive just by pushing pieces of paper around. Additionally we will need a refuge in the event they get into power again and double unemployment like they did last time.

EUsupporter Wrote:The Tories have reduced the country to such a industrialized basket case that we need an outlet for our talented industrial workers, the country cannot survive just by pushing pieces of paper around. Additionally we will need a refuge in the event they get into power again and double unemployment like they did last time.

and with what Europe is guilty? Or maybe it's a reason for living Eorupe and join to the United States?

Faw_Peter Wrote:are not entitled to judge their decision? is something political in the middle that Soon will not get up! probably a game in which the UK has lost and are obliged to fulfill the terms of the game :?

I agree with you, Peter. It is a difficult political decision and we can't judge the UK.

Go ahead leave the EU it will mean more Foreign Direct Investment for Ireland with us being an English speaking pro-EU country.

Although when the UK economy collapses it won't be good for the Republic's economy either

It looks like its 55%, not sure that equates to “most Brits” (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/the_daily_politics/7949104.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/t ... 949104.stm</a><!-- m -->)

But let us not forget why the EU was created. After half a decade of war ravaging the continent, decimating cities, economies, lives and families, the EU was put in place to ensure it would never, and could never, happen again. We have been fortunate enough to enjoy over 70 years of peace and prosperity. It’s easy to complain about the micro aspects of the EU but let us not take peace for granted and let us not forget what our forefather had to suffer in Europe before the EU was created.

If Britain wanted to leave EU then they can do so but it's a very long process.

what good would it do if the UK were to leave the EU?

EuroStar2011 Wrote:what good would it do if the UK were to leave the EU?
it will be very good for the EU

"Brits (and yanks) don´t want to be part of any organization they can´t dominate." by 55° N - 13° E
touche, right on the spot.

I would really really like to see the European Union with UK in it, but there is no way to form a team when one is soo against the team. it is really harmful, it is just like a venom. it´s actually not against being in the team, but against the team itself. try to form a football team with a goalkeeper that hates the team to the core, it´s an unbearable situation. I think that these issues are pure pride, in uk case, it´s titanic.

so winston, tell me, in whom did you vote in the last queen elections?