Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is real creatіve activity possible within a utopian society?
I'd like to know your points of view to the question: Is real creatіve activity possible within a utopian society? I mean art, literature, drama and so on. I think, it isn't.
Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules - and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

where you found such a society? it does not exist ... or maybe just you see it? :?
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Quote:where you found such a society? it does not exist ... or maybe just you see it?

Just imagine. Think. And express your thought.
Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules - and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

I see what you mean. Creativity is usually associated with suffering and poverty - the stereotypical "tortured artist." Becoming rich has been the ruin of many artists and musicians, because they don't have anything to say any more. So the inference is that in a utopian society, people will not create any great works because they have nothing to say.

However, if you look at the hippy communes of the 60s (which could be considered close to a utopia?), people were very creative. Music, poetry and art were central to everyday activities. Partly people still had an agenda of criticising the outside world, e.g. the Vietnam War. And I am told that these communes were not all that utopian if you were there ;-)

So, I think that creativity would increase in a utopian society - wouldn't it be most people's utopia to have time to paint with their children, or play guitar as the sun sets? But you wouldn't get the great tortured masterpieces that make people famous.

Quote:I see what you mean. Creativity is usually associated with suffering and poverty - the stereotypical "tortured artist." Becoming rich has been the ruin of many artists and musicians, because they don't have anything to say any more. So the inference is that in a utopian society, people will not create any great works because they have nothing to say...

The same as I think. Yes, hippy movement doesn't seem an appropriate example here.

Big_Becka Wrote:I see what you mean. Creativity is usually associated with suffering and poverty - the stereotypical "tortured artist." Becoming rich has been the ruin of many artists and musicians, because they don't have anything to say any more. So the inference is that in a utopian society, people will not create any great works because they have nothing to say.

do not think creativity is only due to poverty and suffering! The man has inspired when feels good, when is happy, when loves and is loved. Becoming rich he inspires from the world is living in. In every situation and in every world is something to say!

Quote:do not think creativity is only due to poverty and suffering! The man has inspired when feels good, when is happy, when loves and is loved. Becoming rich he inspires from the world is living in. In every situation and in every world is something to say!

But what about сatharsis? Also the greatest masterpieces of Art and literature (that impressed Mankind greatly and caused its cultural, outlook evolution) were created under circumstances of the catstrophicly imperfectness of the human world.

Kusnetsov Wrote:
Quote:do not think creativity is only due to poverty and suffering! The man has inspired when feels good, when is happy, when loves and is loved. Becoming rich he inspires from the world is living in. In every situation and in every world is something to say!

But what about сatharsis? Also the greatest masterpieces of Art and literature (that impressed Mankind greatly and caused its cultural, outlook evolution) were created under circumstances of the catstrophicly imperfectness of the human world.

however from good we gather good, from bad we don't have what to collect beside useless, learning and painful words about mankind. :? ;(

..it depends what to understand as utopian society.. but i think if the society is an utopian one everything can exist there// great masterpeases and geniuses)))
may be our society is an utopian one????? 8-)

hellodear Wrote:..it depends what to understand as utopian society.. but i think if the society is an utopian one everything can exist there// great masterpeases and geniuses)))
may be our society is an utopian one????? 8-)

I tend to believe it is.... Smile we have everything which characterize such a society... :-P

Quote:I tend to believe it is.... we have everything which characterize such a society...

So you are ready to start for Black Africa to see the utopia there. Or to Ukraine.

Kusnetsov Wrote:
Quote:I tend to believe it is.... we have everything which characterize such a society...

So you are ready to start for Black Africa to see the utopia there. Or to Ukraine.

What do you mean ? What is there? Confusedhock:

Quote:What do you mean ? What is there?

There're just no utopias there. Like many other places in the world, I think.

Kusnetsov Wrote:
Quote:What do you mean ? What is there?

There're just no utopias there. Like many other places in the world, I think.

For comparison must be places as these countries, because otherwise people can not make an appreciation of the possibilities he helds.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mosques are made to worship One God and for peace in society HafizAzizRafiq 2 4,430 05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Last Post: abdulkadir
  What can islam contribute to modern western society? Nellie 0 5,822 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How can I contribute to helping Atheism become more accepted by society? DanaRHoward 0 2,425 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: