Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russophobia and the "Testament" of Peter the Great
1. The Russian nation must be constantly on a war footing to keep the soldiers warlike and in good condition. No rest must be allowed, except for the purpose of relieving the state finances, recruiting the Army, or biding the Favorable moment for attack. By this means peace is made subservient to war, and war to peace, in the interest of aggrandizement and increasing prosperity of Russia.

2. Every possible means must be used to invite from the most cultivated European states commanders in war and philosophers in peace; to enable the Russian nation to participate in the advantages of the other nations without losing any of its own.

3. No opportunity must be lost in taking part in the affairs of Europe, especially in those of Germany, which from its vicinity, is of the most direct interest to us.

4. Poland must be divided, by keeping up constant jealousies and confusions there. The authorities there must be gained over with money and the assemblies corrupted so as to influence the elections of the kings. We must get up a party there of our own, send Russian troops into that country and let them sojourn there so long that they may ultimately find some pretext for remaining there forever. Should the neighboring states make difficulties, we must appease them for the moment, by allowing them a share of the territory, until we can safely resume what we have thus given away.

5. We must take away as much territory as possible from Sweden, and sedulously contrive that they attack us first, so as to give us a pretext for their subjugation [Finland was formerly part of Sweden]. With this object in view, we must keep Sweden in opposition to Denmark and Denmark to Sweden, and sedulously foster their mutual jealousies.

6. The consorts of the Russian princes must always be chosen from among the German princesses, in order to multiply our family alliances with the Germans, and thus to unite our interests with theirs. And thus, by consolidating our influences in Germany, to cause it to spontaneously attach
itself to our policy.

7. We must be careful to keep up our commercial alliances with England, for she is the power which has the most needs for our products for her navy, and at the same time may be of the greatest service to us in the development of our own. We must export wood and other articles in exchange for her gold, and establish permanent connections between her seamen and our own.

8. We must keep steadily extending our frontiers northward along the Baltic and southwards along the shores of the Black Sea.

9. We must progress as much as possible in the direction of Constantinople and India. He who can once get the possession of these points is the real ruler of the world. With this in view we must provolie constant quarrels at the one time with Turkey, at another with Persia. We must establish
wharves and docks in the Euxine and by degrees make ourselves master of that sea, as well as the Baltic, which is a doubly important element in the success of our plan. We must hasten the downfall of Persia, push on to the Persian Gulf, if possible re-establish the ancient commerciality with the Levant through Syria, and force our way into the Indies, which are the storehouses of the world. Once there, we can dispense with English gold.

10. Moreover, we must take pains to establish and to maintain an intimate union with Austria, apparently countenancing her scheme for aggrandizement in Germany, and all the while secretly arouse the jealousies of the minor states against her. In this way we must bring it to pass that one or the other party will seek aid from Russia, and that thus we shall exercise a sort of protectorate over the country, which will pave the way for future supremacy.

11. We must make the House of Austria interested in the expulsion of the Turks from Europe, and we must neutralize their jealousy at the capture of Constantinople, either by preoccupying it with a war with the old European states, or by allowing it a share of the spoils, which we can afterward resume at our leisure.

12. We must collect around our house, as around a center, all the detached sections of the Greeks which are scattered abroad in Hungary, Turkey, and South Poland; we must make them look to us for support, and thus by establishing beforehand a sort of ecclesiastical supremacy, we shall pave
the way for universal sovereignty.

13. When Sweden is ours, Persia vanquished, Poland subjugated, Turkey conquered, when our armies are united and the Euxine and the Baltic in the possession of ships, then we must make separate and secret overtures, first to the court of Versailles and then to that of Vienna, to share with them the domination of the world. If either of them accepts our propositions, which is certain to happen if their ambitions and self-interest are properly worked upon, we must make use of one to annihilate the other; this done, we have only to destroy the remaining one by finding a pretext for a quarrel, the issue of which cannot be doubtful, as Russia will then be in the absolute
possession of the East and the best part of Europe.

14. Should the improbable happen of both rejecting the propositions of Russia, then our policy will be to set one against the other, and to make them tear each other to pieces. Russia must then watch for and seize the favorable moment and pour her already-assembled hosts into Germany, while two immense fleets, laden with Asiatic hordes and conveyed by the armed squadrons of the Euxine and the Baltic, set sail simultaneously from the Sea of Azov and the harbor of Archangel. Sweeping along the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, they will over-run France on the one side while Germany is overpowered on the other. When these countries are fully conquered, the rest of Europe must fall easily and without struggle under our yoke. Thus Europe can and must be subjugated.

why is this called "russophobia" anyway? This testament was drafted in the times of Peter the Great, many centuries ago (about 1705 AD). If we research each country's history we can find many things like that and even worse. I believe, gagarin, you're hinting at the fact that Russia, today, carries on the same policy. I will tell you're WRONG!
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

This foreign policy was followed by Tsars and USSR :

-from 1812 (Napoleon's War to liberate Poland from Russia, Prussia and Austria)......

-to 1978-Iranian Revolution and the Soviet invasion of Afganistan(1979)

Read Russia history and will see the evidence. The peoples from South-Asia, Persian Gulf, Caspian Sea, Black Sea, Baltic States, Poland are "Russophobians", they know better.....
Today, Russia is still weak after the break of soviet union, but who knows in the future? :banghead

Russia is not weak at all, what are you talking about? I visited Moscow about 1 year ago, I was surprised to see what I saw. It's very expensive and only rich people live there!
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Yes I know that. But the Russian army isn't strong enough, yet. ;-)

in the second world war, people used to fight with their entire soul. I think the strength of will is their main army
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Germans were afraid of Russia. Russians are very inventive, they can solve any difficult situations
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

do you consider that the "testament" is similar to nowadays Russia's policy?
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

yes, I do.

oh, but you're wrong! If it wanted that, it would have swallowed long time ago its neighbours. This testament is integrally available for Americans

Oh but no, while the Russians show their true face and act the way they think, the Americans will never act directly. USA always tends to be unguilty.

Bush is the proof for that. He zombies people and claims he fights against terrorists, but what he does actually is just filling his pocket and his country's "pocket" with resources

it's called "AMERICANOPHOBIA", I think, it's worse than any other "phobias" in the world! If I were to choose between these two countries I would choose Russia

M.Helen,you saw just the central part of Moscow,where half of the money of Russia circulate and where most of the richest russians live,among with millions of others wich are much much poorer.You should see the rest of the country to make conclusions about weakness of Russia.
Terry you are wrong when you say that the policy of Peter the Great doesn't fit to modern Russia,of course the examles there are outdated,but still the general ideea remains the same:Russia is trying to influence a lot of countries using economical (gas and oil for Western Europe) and military ways (by mantaining separationist "states" like Transnistria,Abhazia,Osetia).

You're right Lion. 80% of the Russian economy is focused in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The rest of the country is very poor (with the exception of some cities and towns). But, I wouldn't say the entire russian power is interested in carrying out this imperialistic policy. People from invented this only because they are envying Russia for having rich resources.
This is a picture of how people live in some Russian villages:

Attached Files Image(s)

People, if Russia didn't have this policy then all the countries would be afraid by the US. Russia is our cover-up, we should be grateful to it.

so,we should all start to learn russian,drink vodka and love mister Putin? :fi
no way!!!

you'll have to, otherwise you'll learn how to drink whisky and love Mr. Bush!
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

the modern trend of Russia rules out vodka, especially it concerns the elder populationю Still, it's quite big - 15 litres/persons/year.

Dear Russian's lovers,if you get 15 l of vodka/year from Mr. Vladimir Vladimirovici ,
I brought here the unforgivable atmosphere from CCCP with Red Army Choir. Enjoy! :evil
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHlq_P5CI18&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHlq_P5C ... re=related</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_A7Hu0uKNw&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_A7Hu0u ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

Hey clearman, you are full of stereotypes. First of all these two songs are sung because it's a kind of tradition for their army. Second, vodka, during the war times helped to disinfect soldiers' injuries.

Benn, I don't like the Soviet Russia and it's heritage, but I like the Russians, their faith, their traditions, their art and music...I love especially the old Mother Russia with princes and princesses, caviar and champagne, gypsy folk songs and vodka, Russian black tea and balalaika.... Smile

Watch how Russians drink vodka in space Smile
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=VkHoaxzd0ew">http://youtube.com/watch?v=VkHoaxzd0ew</a><!-- m -->

well what can I say, it's their favorite drink, just like tequilla in Mexico or whisky in America. It could be worse.

vodka like warer? why not.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op1X3i10iC0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op1X3i10iC0</a><!-- m -->