Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMAZON forest
Amazon forest is a very important world-wide area, the wood of which is considered to be of a great importance for everybody. The problem is that only Brazil maintains this forest. I think every country, especially the developed ones, must pay Brazil in order that the local businessmen can use it. Otherwise, it will disappear

its true. If we take a look at a physical world map from, for example, 1980 and 2008 we will see that the green area in Amazon became essentially smaller
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Companies that use this wood, as well as any wood in the world pay its price. But, it's not enough, since Amazon has a lot of rare species of wood, it can manipulate a little and raise the prices
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

We must replace the wood with other materials, because the "deforestation" may change dramatically our climate on Earth!

but that's exactly what I meant, the money that are going to be paid to Brasil should be directed to recoverying the diforested areas. It has to be done faster, since a lot of years are required for recovering the empty spaces.

True, we must paid to Brazil, but do you know how many years needs from planting trees to a big forest? 25-50-75 years? We need wood and we can't wait until the new forest are ready to be exploited. So, we must recovery the surface with new forest and replace the timber, furniture....with other materials.

I don't see other possible alternatives for wood. Yes, maybe plastic, but people are very capricious and have special tastes, especially it concerns aristocrates and very rich people, they are not gonna change a high-qualtative wood for something else
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Amazon is not the only forest which must be protected. Generally, disforersting must be stopped. I understand that trees are renewable resources, but they need years for that, and the fewer are trees the more polluted becomes the air.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Brazil can preserve Amazon rainforest without outside help, says president:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2039654/Brazil-can-preserve-Amazon-rainforest-without-outside-help,-says-president.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2039654 ... ident.html</a><!-- m -->

all countries should be involved, at least because it gives 20 % of the worl's air and 30% of the world's fresh water.

Amazon river and forest is a very small territory in the world which gives us hope for surviving in the future, dispite the gradually growing pollution.

Amazon is also a place where the rarest species of plants and animals in the world are met. The Amazon is the place where the species evolve.

This is a river dolphin which can be found practically only in the Amazon river, very rare specie

Attached Files Image(s)

“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Just look what beautiful species has the Amazon. This is the Amazon parrot.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think that it would be the right moment to introduce air tax to countries. It could be calculated on the basis of country population and industrial developement, and lowered on the basis of acers under forest in that country. Money wich would be gained on that way should be invested in science projects and production of ecologicaly safe inventions.
It should be conducted by UN.
who can forbid God to use evolution as his own instrument of creation ?

Believe me, there are a lot of disadvatages of this idea. First - you can't assess how much air does a country consumes or pollutes. Second - this will have a negative impact over the world economy, since no state will want to develop its industry as long as it pays taxes for that.

The USA is considered to be the country which mostly pollutes the environemnt. Its government doesn't think at all about the environment.

Human beings just keep chopping down the Amazon's rainforest and this will causing the global warming problem becomes worse day after day...

Do you have another solution for that? I mean you probably also like livining in comfort. What can we replace wood with?

Benn Wrote:Do you have another solution for that? I mean you probably also like livining in comfort. What can we replace wood with?

Plastic.
Plus - it's recyclable

I heard plastic is not too good for our health, is it true?

Certainly plastic is less healthy than wood. It's on a micro level, but, living in a house where many things are made of plastic is not good at all.

I haven't heard of any cases when people died because of living in a house equipped with plastic stuff. Are you certain about that guys?

wood is considered to be the best material to furnish your house, but unfortunately you kill environemnt. :-(

No. I think that things are getting serious if you come in contact very frequently with plastic materials, or for example you keep food in plastic containers.