Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job interview
A friend of mine is a novice in seeking jobs. But he recently found one, something connected to computers, IT, and whatever... He agreed with the employer to have an interview, but he doesn't know how he should behave and what he needs to say or maybe doesn't have to say and he asks advices. I am not professional in these things, can you suggest something interesting.

Job interview is a very delicate thing. Any gesture can influence the manager. My advice is to feel calm, but not as home; to have a sober mind and answer confidently and clearly the asked questions
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

It's very improtant to use your body language to convey your confidence. Make eye contact and maintain good posture during the interview.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

It's very important to stay positive during the interview and avoid complaining or bad-mouthing previous employers or companies, since the manager will feel himself inthe previous employer's skin
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

The candidate must come to the job interview a little early. Being late is a bad first impression. Managers may think if you're late to the interview, you'll always be late for your position.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

It's important that the person who goes to interview learns more about the dress code of the organization and dress appropiately. Managers are gonna like that
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

If the interviewed person has a mobile phone, he should make sure he turned it off during the interview, since it will prove your unreadiness and lack of seriousness towards the interview.

Remember to have a good breath, but don't make a mistake by continuing chewing the gum within the interview. It is not nice.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Do not discuss salary in the first interview unless they do; getting the job at this stage is the main priority - salary negotiations will follow later.

You can give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it.

the interviewer must prepare a list of questions to ask the manager, as well as prepare answers for the possible questions.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Be careful to speak intellengently. Remember that you speak to an employer and not to your friends, so forget about slangs.

It is good to practice your possible answers in front of the mirror a day before the interview, so that it could help you speak clearly and confidently.

Send a thank you note afterward. This will show the director that you really want to make a good impression. Thank them for taking the time to meet with you.

Remember that the manager can lie at the job interview only for finding out what are your real opinions. So it's more probable he will be the first who will try to create a friendly atmosphere, but the interviewer has to be careful cause this might be a trap.

don't hasten to answer the manager's questions. Take a breath, and wait 1-4 seconds after the question. It is recommended because the manager may wish add something.

watch how you should behave on job interview :lol:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=pIiTh9dDVIs">http://youtube.com/watch?v=pIiTh9dDVIs</a><!-- m -->

That girl will doubtlessly have this job Smile
However it is sometimes recommended to behave on a job interview a little bit insolently.

I agree Terry. But this is rather what girls can do. Men can't do that 'cause the managers won't even want to listen to them, while a girl/woman can manipulate that.

well, it depends on the manager of course. If I now had a job interview, I would try to show my best. Actually, thereby I would simply behave as I usually do.

Yes, that's correct. Sometimes people try to show the qualities which actually don't belong to them. Good managers will notice that

Faw_Peter Wrote:Yes, that's correct. Sometimes people try to show the qualities which actually don't belong to them. Good managers will notice that

So what? This might be a very good quality of yours. It proves that you are multi-skilled person in psychological context.

Faw_Peter Wrote:Yes, that's correct. Sometimes people try to show the qualities which actually don't belong to them.

This is a good strategy, but it will help you to only obtain the job position, but the down side is that you’ll have to manage those skills in order to not get fired.

you may be lucky and never meet the manager you were interviewed by

Steven Wrote:you may be lucky and never meet the manager you were interviewed by

That's another story Smile