Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Republicans suddenly trying to distance themselves from Joe Barton and his apology to BP?
Republicans who have backed Joe Barton and his apology to BP in answers on here Y/A Politics and Government / Elections are suddenly saying that they did not back Joe Barton's apology to BP. Because it is against the Y/A rules to point out specific answers members I must make this a blanket statement. There were a few Republicans who vocally disagreed but most vocally agreed, so = Why are Republicans suddenly trying to distance themselves from Joe Barton and his apology to BP?

Evidence? Or more of your unfounded babble? I suspect the later. I still agree with his apology for the strong armed, gangster tactics of your messiah.

C'mon, you know why! November elections! Nobody wants to be linked to a person that is sympathetic to BP.

Because BP admitted that they lobbied for the release of the Lockerby bomber because they wanted to trade him for a huge Oil Lease off the Libyan coast.

We've passed the conservative memory threshold already. I think it sits at about every 2 weeks, the required FOX news mind wipe signal goes out to reestablish control over anyone who starts to wonder about the double speak, misinformation, fear mongering and hypocrisy.

Do I have to say it?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Apparently the people thrown out of work along the Gulf Coast being interviewed on 24 hour cable was just a wee bit too much for the GOP to ignore. You did notice that Joe Barton did not lose his position on the committee.

Why did Joe apologize? He won his 13th term with 62% of the vote and nearly $1.5 million in contributions from the oil industry, according to research from the Center for Responsive Politics. That figure jumps to $1.67 million, if you combine oil and gas industry contributions to Barton’s candidate committee and leadership Political Action Committee.

I am a republican and i back everything Joe Barton said about a shakedown by that Kenyan jackass

Lets just for a second put a side the way the White House and congress handled it was unconstitutional. The way congress treated the CEO of BP was wrong and uncalled for.

Liberals like you would say that BP wasn't forced to pay the 20 billion but they did it out of the kindness of there heart.

Fact is: The White House and congress told BP either give them the 20 billion or the would pass a bill and take it from them.

Under the 5th amendment of the constitution: You can't be deprived of life, liberty, nor property with out due process of law. Other words you have to be sued in a court of law.

Your law students should have told you that James.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republicans? ? StaceyJEmerson 0 10,325 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? ElenaBLee 0 5,761 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  republicans? FullofGoodness 0 6,621 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  RePUBLICANS!!!? JesseBHowell 0 6,311 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: