Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I get a Job in Germany so I can live in Europe for a while?
My Fiancee and I would like to live in Europe for a while, enjoying the European lifestyle and broadening our culture base. Ideally, I would like to find a job in Germany since I have dual citizenship with both the US and Germany and culturally, I am adjusted to the German way of life. I will have a graduate degree in History and my fiancee with have undergraduate work in psychology, both from American universities. We will be married before we begin this endeavor. I just really want to know, logistically, how easy it is to get a job overseas and if two fresh graduates will be able to acquire such positions. Any input would be incredible. Thanks in advance to anyone who posts.

ok, let me get this .... your adjusted to the German way of life just because ??? If your adjusted you've lived there.. no? so I would say .... get a clue??

Working in Germany is extremely easy if you have dual citizenship! Why are you asking? All you need is to get a job lined up, come here and start working, apply for your papers (which will take about 3 months) and off you go!
What is your degree in? If it's in accounting or engineering you can have a job in 20 seconds.
Look at the websites for GE.com, also HP, IBM and any car company you can think of. Best. PS: any kids you have born here will also have dual citizenship, which can be a big advantage to them in the future. Life is good here and schools are great. Bring a jacket and don't expect the weather to be like Malibu all the time.

IF you can't find a 'real' job in your field but just want to live in beautiful Bavaria for a while:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com">www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com</a><!-- w -->

good luck, germany rocks (especially Bavaria!)

You can check for job offers at the site of the Bundesagentur fuer Arbeit: www. arbeitsagentur.de
As your fiancee is US citizen this article maybe interesting for you, too: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/nn_27986/zentraler-Content/A04-Vermittlung/A042-Vermittlung/Allgemein/Arbeit-in-Deutschland.html">http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/nn_27986/z ... hland.html</a><!-- m -->
US-citizen can apply for a work permission after they entered Germany, but your fiancee must apply for the work permissiob first before she starts to work.
Go to the local Auslaenderamt to apply for the permissons and visa for her. As she will be married to you as a German citizen it will be relativly easy to get the necessary permissions.

You have not adjusted to the German way of life if have not worked in Germany or don't know how to get a job there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the current state of job opportunity for Indians in Europe, sepcially in Germany? Melkor 0 3,816 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I get a job in Germany so I can live in Europe for a while? Jules 0 3,838 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: