Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the biology major like in college?
I was planning to study biology in college because i love animals and i also love learning about anatomy and how things relate to one another in the body. I'm not sure what type of career i want to pursue but i figured biology would give me a lot of options. I'm not really sure what to expect with this major. Is it a lot of lab research and examining specimen under a microscope? Do you have the opportunity to do any field work? How rigorous is the major? If you could answer any questions about the research, career opportunities or about the major in general, i would greatly appreciate it.

Yes, it's very intensive. People who major in biology usually end up working in a lab or go on to become doctors. Research and microscope use is at the core of this major, so be ready to spend hours doing these two, either as an undergrad or as a graduate student. If you want to become a biology teacher, you also get the opportunity to become a student teacher at your university. Good luck.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the best college biology and anatomy review websites? BettyDFord 1 2,885 08-02-2021, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Akshay_M
  What's the difference between marine biology and aquatic biology? Grimbeorn-the-Old 0 2,877 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the difference between regular biology and analytical biology? CarlLOlson 0 2,389 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the difference between introductory biology and general biology? Urwen 0 3,971 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is Biology a good class to take in college to become a dental hygienist? ViolaMWebb 0 2,630 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is a biology summer class at a college the same as taking an AP Bio class during the school year? Gracie 0 2,262 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What should a biology major have a minor in? Eldarion 0 2,374 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How To Become a High School Biology Teacher with Bachelor's in Biology and Chemistry Minor? Halmir 0 1,991 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the best college that i can major in cosmology/astronomy? MichaelTKeller 0 2,566 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: