Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find the motivation to do something important but dreary and tiresome mentally?
When you know something important has got to be done, that postponing it would only make it harder to do, how do you find the strength to do it? It would be easy to turn your back to it, to just tell yourself there's still time. I find it hard to resist the temptation. How do you get the inspiration? That starting spark, the motivation to get started?

LISTEN ... IF YOU WERE IN AN ACCIDENT WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR ... PROBABLY WITHIN TWO HOURS YOU WOULD BE FULL OF REGRET OF NOT DOING THE THINGS YOU SHOULD ,OR TELLING PEOPLE YOU LOVE THEM , PROCRASTINATION IS ONE OF THE WORST ENEMIES OF PROGRESS... MOTIVATE YOURSELF CHALLENGING LIFE YOUR OWN VALUE YOUR OWN PRIDE... FEEL LIKE A REAL MATURE PERSON THAT DON'T NEED MOMMIE OR NANNIE OR BOSSIE OR DADDIE OR YOUR BABE TO DO IT , JUST GO , GO, GO ,GO MOVE YOUR BODY ,USE THAT THING ON YOUR SHOULDERS , HATE REGRET , HATE LAZINESS , HATE JUSTIFICATIONS , GO DO IT !!!!

Find something to occupy your mind while doing mundane chores. I have talk radio on during the morning to get me started.

This is something I am SO familiar with! I have the same problem with doing housework and especially, laundry. I hate doing laundry. I live in an apartment complex and there are plenty of washers and dryers, but it's the whole production of loading up my dirty clothes in a basket, getting out the bottle of detergent, and going downstairs, and doing it. Just talking about the steps make me tired and apathetic. I just tell myself, "Look, you KNOW you'll feel SO much BETTER if you just get your laundry done- you'll have nice clean clothes and you won't have to worry about it for a while. And it's true. I just have to *ignore* that procrastination voice inside my head, and just DO IT. Just ask yourself how much better you will feel after you've accomplished the thing that you don't want to do. You'll find that you will feel SO relieved after you've finished what needs to be done, that the next time you feel like procrastinating, you'll remember the utter relief you felt in getting whatever it was you needed to do done. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you find motivation and energy? Evie98 0 1,901 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I find motivation to do school work? Sadie 0 3,051 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How to find gain motivation to do something which is good and beneficiary? Katie3 0 3,917 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Why do I lack motivation to necessary tasks, and yet find plenty to do trivial ones? Minnie 0 2,533 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the best way to find motivation and time to work out and lose weight? Dree4 0 3,439 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do i find the motivation to lose weight? Dixie678 0 4,065 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I find the motivation to do my home learning course? Dixie678 0 3,043 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I find the motivation to cleanse my face everyday? Tillie9 0 3,025 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Where to find a ton of motivation to get back to doing work? Liv 0 4,625 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Where do single working moms find the motivation to clean and do laundry too? Dot56 0 2,568 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: