Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the cheapest way to travel to germany and when?
I HAVE TO GO DURING THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS FROM 19th July - 31 July PLZ!

I live in UK i want to visit my Uncle in Germany. I know ryanair is cheap but their flights r not comfy so i decided never 2 travel by plane.

I have to travel by car.

SO is going by ferry or train (eurotunnel) cheaper?

please help.

Hey,

if you plan on having a bit cheaper journey why don't you offer a place in your car in a car sharing platform. It is quite common in Germany, the most often used site is <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mfz.de">www.mfz.de</a><!-- w -->
There you can either offer a place in your car (and then take a certain amount of money for it) or search for a possibility to go to Germany.
in the list called "von" you add "Großbritannien", in "nach" you add "Deutschland". In "Datum" just add the date when you want to travel (dd.mm.yyyy) and then click either "Mitfahrerinserate" in order to find people who need a car with a free place, or click "Fahrerinserate" to find free places.

That's it.

Actually I wouldnt advice you to go with your own car. It really isnt easy to go with the stearing on the "wrong" side. Plus the system is quite different from the island.

Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best way for broke students to travel Germany in January? Jose.R.Steiner 1 7,026 12-23-2020, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Winged Hussar
  How to travel to Germany on a Budget? VanessaJGibbs 2 9,317 09-29-2018, 06:17 AM
Last Post: jullybina
  does military personnel need a passport to travel from germany to england? JesseBHowell 0 5,368 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Can you travel from germany to other European countries wih a US Refugee travel document? TrinidadMMorganti 0 5,160 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What are the best places to travel in Germany? LydiaSDunn 0 4,495 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  I was wondering whether Ship Travel from India to Germany is available? DorothyCCorriveau 0 3,245 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How can I travel from Germany to Sweden? BenjaminRCarr 0 3,139 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the most cost-effective way to travel from Frankfurt, Germany to Bochum, Germany? NancyKLynch 0 3,478 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the most economical way to travel to Germany and buy a new Porsche GT3? MichaelWRuiz 0 7,109 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is it a good idea to travel to Germany at Villingen Schwenningen with an 18 months old baby? LoriRSanchez 0 3,308 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: