Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How expensive it is to travel to Greece?
I want to plan a family vacation to greece, the problem is I am on a budget.
any ideas when it is the cheapest time to travel there? how is the weather and
if scuba diving is good there.

gorgeous idea i would go either before or after tourist season like April may or September is worm and cozy you can swim in Greece from end of march till end of November have a good time and go to the country not big cities

It's the best country that I've ever seen and now I will live in Greece for ever!
I am frence and my husband a travel agent so I know better!
Try to find cheap tickets, there are many offers for many islands!
Crete or Rhodes is a perfect choice!
The weather is perfect!
Like heaven!
Kisses!

Better travel in June or September - the weather is good, there are less people and you can find better bargains. In general, Greece is expensive for a family holiday (especially the islands of Cyclades), unless you book an all-inclusive holiday or at least some sort of package, because then you can stay in a nice hotel at affordable prices. Better go for big iislands with extended tourist infrastructure, like Creta and Rodos, and a lot of sightseeing and activities available.
Scuba diving activities can be found on many islands (i.e Naxos, Antiparos etc) - check this link:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gogreece.about.com/cs/scubadiving/a/divinggreece.htm">http://gogreece.about.com/cs/scubadivin ... greece.htm</a><!-- m -->

it is realy expensive. i would suggest going to Turkey's west coast. it has the same stuff , and if you have been to greece beofore you can experience something different .

Weather: spring nice but the sea is cold, summer warm but pleasant if you are on an island, fall very good but it could rain.
Scuba diving is good, especially in some areas, like Alonnissos or Skiathos, where there are interesting rocks.
Prices are quite high in August, and July, but most important is where you choose to go. If you avoid to buy soft drinks from the cafeteria outside the Acropolis, and choose to buy them from a kiosque, it's better. If you don't go to Mykonos or Santorini and choose Naxos, that's great. By the way, Naxos is I think one of the cheapest islands, although it has the best beaches and great monuments.

Really expensive, especially since you have to buy food for every night of your visit. I went to Greece in the summer of 2006, and it was AMAZING! My grandparents paid for the whole trip, but you're looking around $1000 or $2000 each person. Stay in a two-star hotel - they actually aren't that bad. They are inexpensive too! My family (four people) stayed in a two-star hotel and it was a better room than the five-star hotel that my cousins were staying at. But that was from my experience. The best time to travel would be when there are no major holidays, and not in the summer. Hope I helped =)

AVOID July and August if possible. Too many tourists, too high prices, too little service.
Explore the net for package tours. There are some very good values in all-inclusive packages and some even offer breakfast and one meal, particularly in Crete.
You do not mention your origin. If coming from Europe, England and Germany among others offer some very reasonable packages. If originating from the US, the disadvantage you have is the Euro-Dollar exchange rate, currently at about 1.33

Yeah September would be a good time to go but it's still very expensive...not the tickets or the hotels but in general..I agree with saed metessos go to Turkey you get the same sun the same sea and you don't have to pay 5euros for a tomato salad!Anyway enjoy your vacation wherever you go!
Good luck!

It's actually rather expensive to go......especially if you're going to be going to be staying at a hotel and doing the touisty stuff.

Me and my family are going to athens this summer...and we're looking at about $6,000+ only for airfare (from canada). We have family there so we'll stay with them and we won't be doing the touristy stuff because we've lived there for 5 years.

Cheapest time would probably around the end of august before school starts.

By the way, in general, greece is expensive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a albanian guy living in greece travel to belgium for holidays? Edmund 0 3,296 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How much is it to travel to greece from la? Edward 0 6,563 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What's the cheepest way to travel to Greece? John.B.Lovato 0 5,051 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  In light of its current economic woes, is it a good time to travel to Greece? GeorgeJGarcia 0 10,701 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How many money will I need to travel from Greece to Usa? Drake 0 6,835 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  where can i find a dr. to travel to Greece to fly home with my sick dad on delta air.? Lillie.M.Hinkle 0 3,805 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: