Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know how to tell what country your food comes from?
For your Information ... the first 3 digits of the barcode is the country code wherein the product was made.

Sample: all barcodes that start with 690 up to 695 are MADE IN CHINA. 471 is Made in Taiwan
[]

This is our right to know, but the government and related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to INFORM ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products 'made in china', so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode, remember if the first 3 digits is 690 to 695, then it is Made in China .

00 ~ 13 USA & CANADA
30 ~ 37 FRANCE
40 ~ 44 GERMANY
49 ~ JAPAN
50 ~ UK
57 ~ Denmark
64 ~ Finland
76 ~ Switzerland and Liechtenstein
471 ~ Taiwan
480 - 489 ~ Philippines
628 ~ Saudi-Araba
629 ~ United Arab Emirates
690 - 695 ~ China
740 ~ 745 - Central
Bleacher, i got this list in an email. I know walmart gets many things including food from china. they seem to get around it by saying where is was distributed from on the label. That tells us what factory is was sent from but not the country of Origin. I once saw raspberries in ALDI's from mexico, and beef also. I am like you, I want to know where my food comes from.

I didn't know that, and I sure appreciate you sharing this information. I'm going to make a copy of it and keep it in my purse when I go to the grocery store. Thank you for staying on top of things for us! God bless you!!!

Wow! i actuali had no idea...very interesting

I have saved this for future use because I did not know this. It won't take me long to memorize it. Thank you again for outstanding research. Keep fighting the good fight. America is worth it.

this is ok I guess, but on my bottle of Root beer fresh off the line form Faygo Pop Company on Gratoit in Detroit, MI and the bar code is

so if I am Reading the code right it is not made here in the states? I am starting after the first zero because the zero's in bar codes are a dummy number that is used to fool the computer system the reason is that not all computers pick up the 1st number

now I AM confuse I just check a can of vegetable beef soup form Campbell's
and the bar code numbers are 051000012319 and it is a american company, does it mean the product inside the CAN is form an foreign source?

the bar codes that most retailers use like Value city , Tj maxx K-mart use a barcode system that tell the main offices which products are selling
Value City had used 40,41,43,,44,45,46,47,48,48, for their children's dept.

I want to know where did you find list?
I work with inventory control and I have never heard of it,, I really want to know where my food comes form ,

edit
thank you,
I am just very alarm of late and very careful on what to believe or not to believe .

Great information. I try to buy all of my food as locally as possible.

WOW! I never knew this information before. I do try to buy my veggies local at the farmers market and I save in the freezer what I can for the winter months ,but I could not believe what I am seeing! I went to Food Lion the other day and they have a huge sign that says their meat comes from USA and Mexico. MEXICO??? I was upset and my friend did not see why I was so upset. I told her meat should come from here not overseas we do not know what is going on overseas. Anyway I also heard that they were going to start growing meat in a test tube and that USDA did not think we had to know this. I will tell you this everyone I do not know about you ,but the day my food is grown from a test tube is the day I quit eating meat. Period.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know all that. It really buggs me that most of the stuff we buy is from some foreign place.At the local Winco I looked in the fish section and it was like looking at a list of U.N. membership.Crab from Rissia, Shrimp from Thailand and so on.The last I heard this stuff is highly perishable. what the heck did they do to keep it "fresh" to ship it half way around the planet and then to Reno?I understand freezng and all that but really, what's so hard about getting foods from American suppliers? Do we really NEED watermelon in the dead of winter? I think we have had enough warnings about food and lead poisoned toys from China to just quit getting stuff from there.
Here's a thought, how about hiring American workers to make stuff HERE instead? I have nothing against the Chinese people, I just like Americans better.

Then to consentrate what lengths elements ought to vacation to get at here. ICK....not to say YUCK...LOL
I have simply no idea. Why on earth do all of us want to be numerous stuff coming from outside the actual Country? Did we undertake a whole lot of property with buildings, that him and i are unable to grow our very own food, as well as increase your private cows and also chickens etc.? USA is actually intending for you to just a CEMENT Country...LOL Just being touch sarcastic here seeing that we all can't seem to fend with regard to ourselves. :-)
Thank you for that tip here. I will certainly possibly be extra very careful with what I buy, and wherever this shows up from.....ewe...and I merely attended WalMart recently too.

I left for the most effective meat/fish industry in your city. Been many shops plus I can't obtain virtually any Shrimp that has been ensnared around American Waters. Everywhere I go, it states higher around Thialand. The Shrimp is definitely excellent, but the key reason why can't American Fishermen,, offer our own Shrimp ??? Do people suppose the actual American Shrimp is available in Thialand along with proclaimed as: Raised in America ????

You necessarily mean to speak about I have been doing work wrong? All these times I are actually wanting with the brown lightly as well as purple body and for the particular slanted little brown eyes on my potatoes.See if my Oaring acquired an iny as well as a great outy navel.And dimensions with tracks involving this Corn.Or determine if this cucumber offers wort's.Usual I examine the Label where the idea ocean Manufactured in. Or handed out in.It dos produce my family anxiety to learn most your things soled by way of Pep Boys is made in China exactly where it is legitimate to use asbestos's.VolksWagen is made with Mexico.Or International Harvester is created throughout Canada.Toyota,Nissan,Mitsubishi,and Mazda.Are all currently manufactured inside the U.S. Saturate,is Toyota.Ford is Mazda.Mitsubishi is actually Dodge.Whats wrong using a minor brought in this fresh paint on our huge kids toys.It didn't take the time us when we used the kids.Such Great highly successful people came out involving some of our generation,Like All Bondy,Churls Manson Gerry Arther Bishop,Gerry Glamor,Osama Bin laden,John McCain,and Georg W.Bush.

I didn't know that! Thanks pertaining to sharing that along with us! I truly thankyou and I will start out examining the many food I obtain now! I knew many dog foods originated China, however I under no circumstances paid attention to the tavern codes.
Thanks again. I'm going for you to electronic mail that to be able to my princess in addition to all people I know upon my email.

Thanks.Inquiring brains prefer to know.
I printed this out all of which place them in my kitchen as your research information until I have it memorized.

that's true, although in so many cases you'll certainly not realize where by it arrive from!
example; this specific animal meat packing business of which I once were Quality assurance manager, most people ended up control fantastic products to get big organizations for instance Cargill, however Wall Mart drive and pull us to very much thus the business lost up trying to find 'better' alternatives, for instance importing meat coming from Australia, New Zealand, Uruguay, and so forth
we wound up undertaking bacteriological test instead of top quality test!
now that standard program code the thing is that in the finished solution fit in with the control grow plants but will by no means show up which often Country is originating from
fortunately that company has not Union and also distributors or retailers stated your phrase in relation to that, so they really retain employing numerous Americans instead of just simply continue a business workplace and scan the entire item since numerous would already! plus that's when you could find out in which a person nutrition came up from! therefore just what exactly does one prefer?