Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phylosophic conceptions and issues
Philosophers of all times and ages have been trying to debate/prove/disprove the following conceptions and issues:

- Abstraction
- Welfare
- God
- Existence
- Idea
- Illusion
- Consciousness
- Experience
- Justice
- Love
- Thinking
- Substance
- Personality
- Truth
- World view
etc.

Describe the issues you are interested in.

Illusion

Illusion (latine language - fallacy, delusion) - perverted perception of the really existing object. Illusions can appear even at psychically-healthy people.

Kinds of illusions:

- physical - related to the world's current physics law (for example, optical illusion: a spoon half dipped in the water is perceived as being broken);

- physiological - connected with the peculiarities of the peripheral and central analyzes-links (sense organs) of the human (f.e. - if we take with both hands two different by weight objects, and then put them down and take other two objects of the same weight, then the hand which earlier held the lighter object will perceive it to be heavier);

- verbal - appears in the result of a perverted perceiving of the surrounding people's discussion;
affective - appears as a consequence of a good/bad mood, or because of the fear effect;

- organic (metamorphopsical) - appears because of the perverted visual perception of shape, size, colour, space orientation;

- recognition illusion - feeling that somebody is near you. It is considered to be hallucinations and delirium;
- pareidolia illusions - a special kind of illusion. It consists in the fact that when looking at a certain complex pattern (carpet) you can see different unexisting pictures in your mind.

See examples of illusion here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/838119/best_rotating_pictures_illusion/">http://www.metacafe.com/watch/838119/be ... _illusion/</a><!-- m -->
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Existence - any aspect of any reality, in contrast to its other aspect - essence.

As against the term of "objective reality", the term "existence" has always remained only an aspect of the reality, while "objective reality" is also used to describe "all the existing things" "world as a whole". A special attention is paid to human existence. Existence first of all means a unique and ingeniously the humans' acts and actions as well as the human itself. The word "exist" is a grammatical predicate. But it's interesting to know that philosophers have disputes on whether it is a logical predicate.

More info about existence:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence</a><!-- m -->
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

For continuing my topic - illusion, I will place an interesting picture here.
Here is what you do:
Focus your sight on the four dots in the middle for about 30-40 seconds, then quickly close your eyes and direct your head to the light. You will see something, but don't be scared, it's normal.

Attached Files Image(s)

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I didn't even doubt Jesus exists. That's an amazing picture!

Watch this figure, can you understand how these dices are placed? I don't think so.

Attached Files Image(s)

“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Terry Wrote:Watch this figure, can you understand how these dices are placed? I don't think so.

There are a lot of these pictures, and many of them are photoshop work or moving pictures in the .GIF format. I don't believe in their power of illusion.