Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to switch story over from biofuels to alternative energy?
In my story i have to talk about biofuels and alternative energy.. i already wrote about all the biofuels and about oil platforms and what are the largest oil platforms.

Now I need to switch over to alternative energy... how can I do that???? how should i start?

Conclude your current section with a summary of what you stated, and then say that the problem with biofuels is that they still require a lot of input of non-renewable resources (soil, water, etc.), which makes alternative energy sources attractive because they can use renewable resources (air, sun, etc.). Then start with the benefits of alternative energy sources, and end with the challenges. Add a conclusion, and you're done!

Your work would include hydro, wind, photo voltaic. low-tech solar heating, geothermal, wave and tidal.

Within photo voltaic you might want to cover exotics like organics, newest technology that might cost as little as $2 per watt (that is not per kWh. We have had cross-continental car races using PV technology.

Within solar heating we have passive, flat plate, concentrating, stationary and tracking systems.

Part of the challenge of alternate energy systems can be storing power for use when the source is not available, mixing highly variable sources with very constant supplies like nuclear on a grid. discussions about battery technology to allow alternate energy to power vehicles or keep your computer working deep into the night when there is no wind.

Wind power is at its lowest average level in summer, when electrical demand may be peaking. Customers are not accustomed to planing to use power when it is available. How to resolve that?

Most current PV power is expensive... deploy now or wait for better?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has Global Warming Switch Already Flipped JoshuaLHollars 0 5,174 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  biofuels......? JesseBHowell 0 5,625 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Who knows alot about Biofuels other than the really common ones? EricVJared 0 2,928 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How is energy from solar panels converted to energy that can be used for solar power? NoblyBrilliant 0 6,682 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: