Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surviving in the following 20-30 years
What do you believe is going to happen to the European Union in the following 20-30 years?
I mean the changes in political, economic, environemntal etc. sectors.
How are you going to overcome the difficulties?
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

The future is almost unpredictable, but taking into consideration the things which happen today we can confidently assert that it is not as bright as we want it to be.
Something interesting is now happening in the world, including in the EU. I can't understand what is the trend - either the states want to unite and become a union or they want separation and independence?
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

The future of Europe, as well as of the most countries in the world depends on climate. Imagine the climate changes unexpectadly and quickly, what will we do in this case? We'll have to emigrate and consequently everything, absolutely everything will change.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

I think in the following 20 years, a new union inside Europe is going to be formed. The EU is now too big and the wider it expands the more it loses its power as a self-governed union. Big unions are difficult to maintain.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I think that in the next 20-30 years the UE won't expand further,will develop and become the strongest economic power of the world 8-)
There will be a common government and a president,constitution and laws for all countries Smile

If EU won't expand, why is it then concluding plans of actions with Turkey, Moldova, Georgia? It will expand
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

This might be only a formality. Many plans, envisaged by certain big organizations fail. However the EU spends daily millions on financing and supporting the countries which plan to join the EU family.

you're right Helen. EU can't spend this money in vain. They are certainly interested in financing other countries, at least for having a, more or less, wealthy neighbour.

Also, by financing its neighbours, the EU ensures peace on the territory of the continent. No country will attack another country that financed it in the past.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

I think the following 20 years will definitely consolidate the work that has already been done. I agree that the EU vehicle and its mechanisms aren't perfect yet, but it was and it is a good start, and this counts the most, as father problems that may appear are already ready to be solved by a large EU parliament and the EU citizens.

I am proud of living in Europe,becaue here, people are not so indifferent towards the environemnt as in other ocuntrie sin the world. Certainly, as against other world areas, Europe has more factories that pollutes the environemnt, let alone motorcars, the number of which increase by millions every week, but, my point is that Europe realizes its problem and it does everything necessary to solve it.

You are comparing 1 million tons of emissions (ex - Europe) + 300 thousand tons compensated (from taxes)
and 100 thousand tons of emissions (ex. Thailand) + 10 thousand tons compensated (from taxes),
Which country in this case is more ecological?

yes you are right Andrewz, the proportions of emissions, and, generally, of the countries and regios are different. Fortunately Europe doesn't yet have the population of Chinese and we have air to breathe with.

Steven Wrote:I am proud of living in Europe,becaue here, people are not so indifferent towards the environemnt ..

Yes, but this is a global problem. Acting separately, or just in part, can't solve it.
Everybody should join.

Europe can be taken as an imense region in the world. So if Europe can't gain serious partnerrs in this sense, it should at least act by its own.

Faw_Peter Wrote:Europe can be taken as an imense region in the world. So if Europe can't gain serious partnerrs in this sense, it should at least act by its own.

Recent events have shown that the initiative of acting on its own is not very popular, as Japanese companies are coming into here to invest in solar farms.

what would you say about European investors going to Japanese and investing in their economy? We should be glad we receive investments from other regions of the world.

At an extent I agree with you Benn. Having a great inflow of foreing investments gives many opportunities to the recepient countries. Especially, it refers to the taxes levied by local governments.

and they create more job vacancies for people like us Smile

I think the EU has a brighter future, if it compares with other unions... It will surely survive for at least for another 50, 100 years or even forever...

Once EU gets bigger, by expanding to the East, it gradually kills itself. The bigger the Union is, the higher are the risks it will break down.

I agree with Steven, all major empires collapsed especially when it reached their peak.

Some unions appear, others disappear.That's the evolution of things. However the humanity now reached its higher level of culture and such things should be avoided.

What I know here is the EU will have many new countries that join it in the future, especially from those that countries that managed to separate themselves from the Russian federation...

Not at all. Countries like Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus have many things that are left to be solved towards the democratic way. Old member-states would not be so glad to accept these countries