Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Poles want no Georgian refugees
Hey! I will speak for most of my fellow countrymen that we totally string along with our president Kaczynski in point of Georgian refugees. I say we should better not give shelter to any these shady individuals any more. Why don’t they go to some other EU states? Is Poland the only pebble on the beach? Besides, we correctly reason that our country has already come to serious harm because of the invasion of these ragamuffins from the Caucasus. For instance, quite a lot of Chechen refugees got legal status in Poland and only after that many of them got known to be Chechen gunmen! God, they were real cutthroats and terrorists! There’s little wonder that shortly after they came deterioration of criminal situation in Poland was noticed. Just fancy, Chechen mafia began to oust local criminal groups! They took a firm hold of drug market, carjacking and hooking! Privately, I fear that some refugees from Georgia might join the Chechen mafia. That really would be too much! So let Georgians go along with them!

I totally agree with you...they benefit of the situation in their country. But let us remember that the war there ended. And they still run away... So I am with you...

Slazk, Why do you care who lives in Poland? You have all been living in the UK in recent years! :lol:

We don't have room for any refugees. :-) The UK is a little island and we have a severe housing shortage! Our welfare state is close to collapse, as migrant workers (predominantly Polish) have too many children and claim child benefit and use our free education system. There is a rise in racist and nationalistic sentiments, demonstrated by the increased popularity of the British Nationalist Party and UK Independence Party. Plus the economic crisis has lead to high unemployment.

We have a saying: "What comes around goes around!" :lol:

Interesting, why Georgians are invading namely your country? Maybe you have some specific laws that make it easy to provide shelters to refugees? Well one of the reason, I believe, is Poland's friendship with the USA, the latter being a very close friend and ally of Georgia.

You are right, Laurentine: the refugees must go somewhere. I was being flippant because I found Slazk's post rather amusing ;-) He is saying exactly the same things that many British people say about the Poles! :-)

Here is what happens to refugees who knock at our gates:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Calais-Immigrant-Jungle-Bulldozed-French-Police-Dismantle-Camp/Article/200909315385790?videoSourceID=795623b372caf110VgnVCM1000005d04170aRCRD&lpos=World_News_Article_Inline_Player_List_2&lid=ARTICLE_15385790_Calais_Immigrant_Jungle_Bulldozed%3A_French_Police_Dismantle_Camp">http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... antle_Camp</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 15386201.jpg]

[Image: 15386176.jpg]

We should note that there is refugee law, and a process for claiming asylum - there is a lot of information on this through UNHCR.

I was also interested to find that the EU unveiled new plans last month:
Quote:In September 2009, the European Commission unveiled plans for new Joint EU Resettlement Programme. The scheme would involve EU member states deciding together each year which refugees should be given priority. Member states would receive €4,000 from the European Refugee Fund per refugee resettled.["EU plans to admit more refugees". BBC News. 2009-09-02. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8233187.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8233187.stm</a><!-- m -->]

Becka do youthink it's normal for our countries to help refugees? To provide accommodation and financial support for them just the way they want it?" ... many Georgians have left their country not because of war but due to the fact that life in Europe is better ... In short, they took advantage of the situation ...

This is what I mean, Peach: there is a protocol for claiming asylum. If someone gains asylum, they become part of our community, and can eventually claim full citizenship with all the benefits that entails. If people just try to take advantage of the situation, we are under no obligation to grant them asylum.

Today I heard on the radio some interviews with people who are camping at "The Jungle" (the illegal camp in Calais, where people try to stow onto vehicles and sneak into the UK). Some of these people had been camping in Calais for several years - sleeping under bridges in the rain Confusedhock: The young man in the interview beleived that once he arrived in London he would have a house and a good job and an idyllic life :haha How can they be so naive? Many British people don't have these things! Even if they escape being deported, they will lead a miserable life: unable to live or work legally, they will be at the mercy of people who exploit illegal immigrants.

I do not think Poland is "the only pebble on the beach" - all over Europe there have been problems with immigrants and asylum-seekers for years. Once you join the EU and become a richer country, you will get people trying to take advantage. This is just life 8-) If you think of a solution, let us know!

This problem is clearly new to Poland! If you want us to take some Georgians, you can have our Afghans, Pakistanis, Kurds, Ukranians, Chinese... :mrgreen:

And - being serious - Poles must encourage their own people to stop exploiting other countries, otherwise their view on immigrants will have no credibility.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just in August EU and our Georgian leaders... Nino 0 4,749 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Georgian refugees came to harm because of Washington! Smithson 0 2,814 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Flow of refugees from Georgia falls on Poland elilize 0 4,202 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: