Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are french racist towards indians? How easy is it to get a job in France?
I am an US Citizen of Indian origin working for a French company and was wondering how it would be if I could live and work in France (maybe Paris). Are they nice to foreigners (non white)? How accepting are they in the job market?
And what about French women? Are they interested and open in dating/ marrying men of Indian origin? The french people I have met in the US (young ones) seem really cool and open minded. What about in France?

The only part of your question I am able to answer is regarding employment. It is highly unlikely you would be able to gain employment as: (a) There is high unemployment in Europe, (b) All jobs have to be offered to EU nationals before any other nationality, © You would need to prove you have a skill that is in demand and that skill cannot be found in an EU national.

not against indians definitively,but i can think of one when they can be
as for women that's not a problem

You do realise that it is racist to call another country racist!

There is no racial problem with people of Asian origins. One of my students was Indian. She was fluent in French, with only a slight accent, and she almost looked like a southern Basque or Mediterranean local girl so was totally accepted and married a French man. The problems that do arise are mainly caused due to the fear inspired by Muslim North Africans particularly in the poor suburbs of large cities such as Marseille, Bordeaux, Lyon and mainly Paris. If your features and colouring were similar to theirs, there might be a certain reserve, and women might keep their distance. Paris society is very difficult for anyone, even if they are white, to get into if you have not got the right connections, have no friends or acquaintances there, and, whilst there is a large number of non-whites, they tend to inter- mix with people of their own culture. Parisians can be far from "nice" to anyone including other French people, but within professional circles they are much more accommodating to foreign colleagues than the ordinary man in the street who is sick to the back teeth with hapless, rude or arrogant tourists.

As Jean-Pierre said above, it is extremely difficult for an American citizen, or any non EU citizen, to be allowed to work in France unless he has absolutely magnificent qualifications or skills which are in demand there. One of the first requisites is that one should be fluent in French, and that the post solicited cannot be filled by a citizen of the EU. It should be applied for from the USA and supported by a firm on French soil.
However, unlike many uneducated people from the USA who know no French and think it is easy just to move and do any job, I notice that you are at present working for a French company. If their headquarters are in France and they support an internal transfer on the grounds that your knowledge is indispensable to the smooth running of the firm, this would be the key to moving to France, but it would probably only be for three years, at least initially. If you are fluent in French and know the ropes, this is all grist to your mill.
Have a look at the website of the French Embassy in the USA, and investigate if your company would be prepared to offer you an internal transfer. If they are, you stand a chance of getting a long-stay visa for three years.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france_159/entering-france_2045/index.html">http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france ... index.html</a><!-- m -->

no prob at all in europe with Indian origin, were not keen on the turks or arabs,most do nothing but cause trouble in town, they are not allowed in the night clubs because they harass the girls,
i only speak for Nantes where i live ..

i am not racist ... i deal in facts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In France, is it possible to get a job with little French? Ar-Belzagar 0 4,901 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How easy is it to get a job in France? Golasgil 0 4,684 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the current state of job opportunity for Indians in Europe, sepcially in Germany? Melkor 0 3,774 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: