Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I travel to Belgium without having an EHIC?
I am going to Belgium with school in two days and I applied for an EHIC 6 days ago. However, it hasn't come in the post yet and I am getting increasingly worried that it will not arrive by Wednesday. If it doesn't will i be able to go to Belgium? Is it a legal requirement?

what does your school say? do you HAVE to get one? if that isn't obligatory then just don't bring one with you! i don't think you need one. just be careful not to catch anything so you don't need to go to any doc there!

The EHIC card gives you the right to normal healthcare that you would get at home in the foreign country for free or at a reduced cost. It is not a legal requirement. More importantly I think you should make sure you have some form of travel insurance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it safe to travel to Belgium and France during the Swine Flu? BelovedFriend 0 4,938 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Are there any discounts for travel within Belgium during the winter/springtime? Dominic 0 2,623 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  I would like to travel to Belgium but don't really know how to go about it. Ideas? Elton 0 3,594 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What documents will i need to travel to Belgium? Ruth.R.Gentry 0 3,576 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is the French language beneficial to travel in Belgium? Edward.G.Ellis 0 4,358 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  how can I travel from spain to belgium, How can hire a car? Earl 0 3,702 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is your reason to travel to Belgium? Ardent 0 2,858 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How can a albanian guy living in greece travel to belgium for holidays? Edmund 0 3,302 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the most convenient/cheapest way to travel from Paris to Namur,Belgium ? DavidCMilne 0 2,845 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  please answer Cheapest way to travel to Brussels Belgium from boston or New york NOW? AaronWBoyd 0 2,946 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: