Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your motivation to do work in high school?
Did you not have any?
Just had a reward after you did a task?
Wanted to get it over with?
I would like to know the truth. Not what you wanted as motivation and then regret it.

the only 2 reason i live is because of my Morris Mini Minor, and Gaming ( Ps3 , css hl2 kinda stuff )

My motivation was to graduate with a high-enough GPA so I could get into a decent college, earn a good degree and work in a profession where I did not have to deal with those idiots in homeroom.

Motivation can range from anything to everything.

In my case, peoples -families, friends, companions, classmates- around me were my motivation. Seeing them work makes me want to the do the same -possibly more. It gives me a sense that it's not just me working but everyone else too -the more the merrier right?

Secondly, the reward. By reward, they don't specifically have to be in form of ABC's on the effort report, money or certificates. It's usually the feeling of having one thing done, having a burden lift off your shoulder -a feeling of completion. Though some people prefer to this as "a get over it" kind of feeling. It depends on what you want to call it.

Thirdly, ambition/dream/wish. When we do something, there ought to be a reason why we do them in the first place. We do to achieve. This could be similar to my second motivation. What would result from my work is what I look forward the most when working.

All of them. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Maslow/motivation.htm">http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Maslow/motivation.htm</a><!-- m -->

None. Just going to school and trying to do homework as quickly as possible to get out for minor hobbies; electronics , boating flying.

Elders are motivated to go for work just to make living

Kids have to go to school instead of working, for civilization changed it. For milenia, kids since age 5 or 6 have been working.
First tasks are Attending gousees (age 5) then goats or sheeps (age 6, 7,..) then couws (age 11, 12...)

Most kids have been attending school up to age 11 (4 years elementary).

If you accept your origin as per Darvin theory, you maybe should study a bit our past. If you are beiliver, than most things are decided by God and you can help a bit by looking arround. What others are doing may not hurt you too.

And....physical acitivity is the best way around any kind of ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I get the motivation and energy to go back to work? Tillie9 0 2,930 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How to increase motivation for going to work ? Maisie 0 3,371 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I find motivation to do school work? Sadie 0 3,093 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the best way to find motivation and time to work out and lose weight? Dree4 0 3,506 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I get the motivation to do my work better? Fifi11 0 2,471 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I get my motivation back to finish school? Tay 0 5,188 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Where to find a ton of motivation to get back to doing work? Liv 0 4,714 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How would meritocratical work environtment affect the the motivation of an average performer? Jaz34 0 3,413 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do i find the motivation to get up early and work out before work? Billie78 0 5,715 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: